Tamil Nadu is not about ‘Lungi dance’, ‘Chennai Express’ or ‘Yenna Rascala’. Come understand the real Tamil Nadu, exploring its capital city steeped in rich history, the gloriously posh neighbour of Pondicherry, the ancient historical city of Mahabalipuram, the marshy mangroves of Pichavaram, the mystical majesty of Chidambaram Nataraja Temple and the silk town of Kanchipuram.
Call us at 080 - 3951 0700 or write to [email protected] if this interests you. We are your friendly sistahs here. :)
Feb 3 - Arrive in Chennai in the morning. From being a sleepy fishing village of Madarasapattinam to becoming the capital of Madras Presidency to Chennai, this city has seen a past filled with stories that can enthral a curious traveller. We will explore the city today - Government museum, Kapaleeshwarar Temple, Santhome Church, Marina beach and some shopping destinations. We will understand the history and rich culture of the city through a heritage walk this evening. Overnight in Chennai.
Feb 4 - We will drive through one of the most beautiful coastal roads in the country, the East Coast Road, to reach Mahabalipuram. Dakshin Chitra, which is essentially South Indian culture on a platter can be visited enroute. Mahabalipuram, also known as Mamallapuram is one of the UNESCO World Heritage sites in India. Shore temple, Five Rathas and the many other monuments here are a feast to the eyes. Reach Pondicherry by afternoon. Later this evening, go on a heritage walk to understand how the two cultures, French and Tamil, have come together to create a very interesting community. Overnight in Auroville.
Feb 5 - We will embark on a day trip to Pichavaram and Chidambaram today. Did you know that Pichavaram is the second largest mangrove forest in the world? Boating through the crisscrossing mangrove channels, witnessing the beautiful bird life, is in the agenda. Chidambaram boasts of the one of the most majestic temples in TamilNadu, with its presiding deity being Lord Shiva in his rare dancing form, the Nataraja. We will witness the temple in all its glory as it prepares for its annual international dance festival, Natyanjali, later in February. We will explore Pondicherry town this evening and later return to our stay in Auroville.
Feb 6 - Auroville is a fine example for community living in the country. Visit the Maatri mandir and explore the beautiful campus that is Auroville. Evening drive to Chennai. Spend late evening at Elliot’s Beach. Overnight in Chennai.
Feb 7 - The Vedanthangal Lake Bird Sanctuary, at this time of the year, is home to thousands of migratory birds from across the world including pelicans, painted storks, spoonbills, snakebirds, ducks and teals. We will also visit Sriperumbudur which has a scarred past - the place which saw one of the most gruesome assassinations in modern Indian history. We will then proceed to the silk city of Kancheepuram. If Benares is the centre for silks in the north, it is Kanchi in the south. The Kamakshi Amman Temple is Kanchi is also very much worth a visit. Overnight in Kancheepuram.
Feb 8 - Depart after breakfast with truckloads of memories and newfound knowledge.
- Air-conditioned, comfortable, home-style accommodation on twin sharing basis for 5 nights.
- Local transport in a/c vehicle all through the trip.
- Pichavaram entry and boating tickets.
- All meals from Day 1 lunch to Day 6 breakfast and tea/coffee.
- Chunnambar Boating tickets, Auroville entrance fee
- Heritage walk in Chennai and Pondicherry
- Coordination and guidance of an F5 traveller.
- Tips, beverages not mentioned in the itinerary and other expenses of personal nature.
- Any additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
- 5% GST
- Camera charges
- Meals other than mentioned in inclusions
Option 1 : You can pay with your credit/debit card or net banking through this link: http://instamojo.com/@f5escapes/
Bank: HDFC Bank, Old airport road, Bangalore
Account type: Current Account
Account number: 50200011453442
Payee: ZINGARA SOLUTIONS PVT LTD
25% of the trip cost if cancelled 20 days in advance.
50% of the trip cost if cancelled 19 to 8 days in advance.
Last 7 days – no show – entire amount will be forfeited.
Please be prepared for a fair bit of walking.
F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
The trip is NON-SMOKING and NON-ALCOHOLIC
F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
MORE INFO :
Arrival/ Departure timings:
Please plan your arrival in Chennai latest by 11 AM in the morning on 3rd February 2018. You can plan your return post 11 AM on 8th February.
Being the coastal region in TamilNadu, expect humid weather. Though this part of the country is fairly hot through the year, February is almost the mildest months, with temperature ranging from 25 to 30 degree celsius. Expect fairly cool mornings, humid and sunny afternoons and cool evenings with the sea breeze kicking in.
*Please note that now a days, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days
About your stay
All stays are air conditioned and have attached restrooms.
Pondicherry (2 nights) - A beautiful home stay set amidst the greenery of Auroville - Twin sharing
Chennai (2 nights) - A cosy house with multiple bedrooms and the host living there, in one of the posh neighbour-hoods of Chennai - Twin sharing
Kancheepuram (1 night) - A decent, well-appointed hotel - Twin sharing
We have tried and planned your meals at great restaurants/ homestays etc. TamilNadu is known for its authentic cuisines and Pondicherry, for its french influences on local culture. Expect a culinary treat!
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace:
• A little bit of walking will be required on the beaches and heritage walks. Please let us know well in advance if you have any knee issues.
• There are several sights included and day two, especially, could be a bit overwhleming. Kindly coop-erate with us and we will ensure a smooth experience for the group.
• Our group could be a mix of vegetarians and non-vegetarians. We will ensure that you get the food for your preference. So while you will get your vegetarian food, kindly understand that the restau-rant might also be serving non-veg. If you are a non-vegetarian, please do not be offended if your fellow traveler opts for a different table because she may not be okay with the smell.
• Kindly respect the sanctity of each home, be aware and considerate to your fellow travellers and we promise you a GREAT time together!
• We are trying to be eco-friendly, avoid plastic bottles and minimise littering. Kindly help us in that regard by carrying your own bottles.