Following the tragic loss of life at the Carling Cup in July, stadium security been considerably amplified. So, if you are planning to attend our home Derby, please ensure that you read the following top 10 tips for a safer stadium experience.
1. The date of the game has been changed to 21 October, 2017 and kick-off is at 15:30.
2. Perhaps one of the biggest contributing factors to any stadium disaster has to be the purchase of fong kong tickets sold by criminal ticket touts. We urge all supporters to buy their tickets at an accredited ticket outlet. Tickets are on sale now so don’t wait for the last minute!
3. Tickets will not be sold at the stadium – if you don’t have a ticket please don’t even come to the stadium!
4. An outer perimeter has been established and they will only allow access to the supporters who have a ticket to the game. Vehicles will also only be given access if they have a parking ticket and of all people in the car must also be able to produce tickets to the game.
5. Please get to the game as early as possible. Gates open at 11:30.
6. The TOYOTA ZONE will be open but it can only accommodate the first 200 Toyota vehicles so please also ensure you get your permit early.
7. The costs of the tickets are:
LEVEL 1 R100
LEVEL 2 R170
LEVEL 5 R70
8. Wear Gold – we want to paint the stadium Gold on the 21st!
9. If you are bringing children to the game, please report to the retail spot at gate 12 for a free armband for your child. We will write your name and cell phone number on the child’s armband so if they get lost, we will be able to trace you with ease.
10. Please consume alcohol responsibly – you need to be in control of your actions.
Remember we are people of Love & Peace – please don’t engage in fights – it is much better to walk away.
We look forward to welcoming all supporters to the Village on Friday and Saturday – once again we will be opening the development side for your convenience.
Friday – 11:00 to 17:00
Saturday – 08:00 to 11:00
We will supply tea and coffee for your enjoyment plus we will have a full retail offering in the hall.
Closer to the time we will send you a map of the road closures and keep you updated about any activations or roadshows that you may want to attend.
We also ask that if you observe any illegal ticket selling to please report these incidents to the club so that we can pro-actively investigate.
Please ensure that you share this information with as many supporters as possible!